Tuesday, June 27, 2006

T.I AFTERPARTY REVIEW?!?!?

.........Undeterred by the slightly long distance between Leicester Square - where i saw the film - and the party i proceeded to make my way down. There was an infamous half moon shape around the stage where the ‘King of the South’ was due to perform and apart from some highly merry girls not even Kiss 100’s DJ Swerve could change that (although he came close).
*
The mood of the party stayed relatively subdued until a guy came on stage and adjusted the sofa’s that lay on the stage. The result of which caused a (female) landslide with everyone (weaves, cleavage and high heels) gravitating towards the stage. By now the upstairs VIP area was open and had the likes of Estelle, Kiesha White, Masterstepz and other media types leaning over the balcony in anticipation of T.I.’s first UK show to get underway. Then, the deafening screams of ladies signalled the trap star’s arrival on stage with a huge entourage including his baby momma Tiny from 90’s girl group Xscape. About the entourage and particularly Tiny, Harris remained cryptic saying, “Well you know that as a rapper I like to have those that I’m close too, near me. It helps me, so whether it be my girls, or my boys, whatever makes me happy, I want around me.”
*
The infectious beats of What You Know meant that it was time for the girls favourite to take centre stage and perform his ATL anthem. Sensing, the strain from the bouncers - who were trying their best to prevent the hysteric fans from jumping on the stage - the laid back southerner slowed down the pace and performed his newest single Why You Wanna. The short set was rounded off with club favourites U Don’t Know Me and Bring ‘Em Out. T.I. was surprisingly impressive live and sounded perfect during his highly energetic set. His hype men added to the frenzy whilst the raptor (rapper/ actor) made full use of the stage, engaging all parts of the crowd. Audience reaction was very positive and he flew the flag for ATL and southern rappers proving that he is at the top of his game.
*
Before i concluded my time with the ever charismatic rapper i was keen to get confirmation that Grand Hustle (T.I.’s label) member and RWD's office favourite Governor would be dropping an album before the year ends as well as a clothing label from the Y.B.E..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home